You will be surprised to find out that there are some extremely quick and simple improvements that you can make to your home that substantially raises its value, and the best part is that all of it is quick, easy, and DIY! You will save thousands of dollars by avoiding expensive contractors who will generally charge you double for the material, plus labor. This can be insanely cost demanding, but with just a little bit of knowledge, you can avoid this daylight robbery with ease. DIY is the way to go! However, if something feels out of your comfort range, you should always consider your safety and hire a contractor.
Some Quick and Easy DIY Tricks that Save AND Make you Money!
Listed below are some quick and easy DIY tricks that save you thousands, while these small fun projects can prove to be fun, they simultaneously will increase the value of your home by thousands! You are going to love these:
- Kick the Cabinets: Getting kitchen cabinets installed can cost you up to $7,000. Without much effort, you can order cabinets from Home Depot, and within an hour have them installed yourself! This quick and easy DIY trick can save you nearly $4,000 and it can raise up the value of your home by $10,000!
- Toss that Toilet: A quick DIY toilet replacement can save you anywhere between $200 and $800, depending on additional costs. A toilet takes all but ten minutes to install, making this quick DIY toilet toss a sure way for you to save some cash.
- A Touch of Tile: Also in your bathroom, you can easily replace the tile on the ground. It may take some “tile” and error to get it down, but coming from someone who has done it themselves, it is not that difficult. All you need to successfully complete this quick and easy DIY trick is thin set mortar, tile, a 1 pound rubber mallet, and a small bullet level.
- Bye-Bye Bath: This may require a little help from friends, but it is a quick DIY that will save you quite a bit of money. Installing a bath tub can seem frightening, but it is quite simple. First, turn off the water, with the help from a friend, remove the old bath tub, and install the next one. This quick and easy DIY trick will take no more than an hour of your time.
- Marble Makeover: To add to the bathroom, a marble counter top is much easier to DIY than you would think. You can purchase a marble top bathroom vanity set from Home Depot. They are manufactured to fit any bathroom, and are so simple that they surely claim a quick and easy DIY trick that will save you a fortune. With the combined effort of all the bathroom DIY renovations, you can save up to $3,500 and raise the value of your home by $10,000!
- Forget those Floors: Hard wood floor installations can cost you a pretty penny. The cost of material is about $3 per square foot. A contractor will charge you for the cost of the material, obviously, but then can charge up to $10 per square foot! If you wanted to have wooden floors installed in a 250-square foot house, floors and installation can cost you up to 2500! If you purchase easy to install interlocking wood floors, you can save up to 1,800!
As you can see, DIY is the way to go. A lot of these you have probably thought to be way to daunting to try and tackle, but they are not! The money these quick and easy DIY tricks will save you is well worth it, and these things combined can be done in the duration of a weekend. Doing it yourself proves to be very cost effective, saving you thousands while making you thousands, and if you love to build and put things together, these quick and easy DIY tricks will prove to be very fun and rewarding projects. Don’t be afraid to give a try, to these quick and easy DIY’s!