Incorporating yoga into your routine is a great way to improve your mood, state of mind and even your physique. Living in a world where we are always on the go it can seem nigh on impossible to get time for ourselves. You don’t have to go to a spa or gym to improve health which is what makes yoga great. You can do it from the comfort of your own home and it takes just 15 minutes to improve your physical and mental health.
- The dolphin pose starts with having your arms straight in front of you with your wrists directly under your shoulders. You will need to extend your legs so that they are straight back and shift your hips into a position where they are both up and back.
- Your tailbone should be pointed towards the ceiling in the second part of this pose with the head relaxed. Shoulders should be pulled away from the ears. The chest should be pressed towards the things and hands spread out wide.
- Hold the position for 10 breaths to complete.
The Warrior II
- To begin the Warrior pose you should start in a standing position with your feet spread so that they are further than the width of your hips. Turn your toes on the right foot outwards and left foot inwards so they are at a 45 degree angle. Bend your right knee deeply to bring the thigh parallel with the floor while keeping your left leg straight.
- For the second part keep both arms extended outwards and look over the fingertips of your right hand. Use your core strength to hold it tight and keep your legs low.
- Hold the position for 10 deep breaths for each side of the body.
- Keep your feet wider than your hips width and turn your right toes out. Keep your left toes pointed inwards at an angle of 45 degrees. Both legs should be kept straight and twist your hips towards your right leg. Bring your torso to the right as far as possible and keep the length of your spine maintained.
- Put your right hand either over or under your knee and stretch your left arm over your shoulder. Bring the right hip forward and bring your left hip back. Keep your gaze at the ground and stretch out your neck.
- Hold the pose for 10 breaths each side for both sides.
The Warrior III
Start with the lunging position keeping the right knee bent and foot facing forward. On the left keep the foot back and the leg straight. Bring hips forward and the torso almost parallel with the ground. While in the pose bring your left leg to the height of your hip which will bring your head and toes into a straight line.
Have both hands at the centre of your heart and pull your belly button toward your spine.
Hold your breath for 10 breaths for each side.
To start the Pigeon pose you have to come down like a dog keeping your tailbone toward the ceiling with hands pressed to the floor. Lift up your right leg to the height of the hip and swing it towards the front. Bend your right knee to lower onto yoga mat.
Get your shin as close to parallel as possible with the matts front and ensure your foot is flexed. Keep left leg straight and fall come forward over your shin with hands or head rested on the mat.